This statement is made on behalf of Portland PR Limited in accordance with section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the “Act”) and constitutes our policy on the prevention of modern slavery and human trafficking. The statement applies to all our business dealings and the conduct of all persons or organisations with whom we contract directly or whom we appoint to act on our behalf.
1. Our Approach – The United Nations (UN) Global Compact
Portland PR Limited fully supports the ten principles of the Global Compact with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. The President and CEO of our parent company Omnicom Group Inc. wrote to H.E. Ban Ki-moon in May 2016 specifically to pledge our support and adherence to the Global Compact. During the following year we have made its principles part of the strategy, culture and day-to-day operations of our company. Accordingly, we employ a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery. We are committed to acting with integrity in all our business dealings and to enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own businesses or those of our suppliers.
2. Compliance with the Act
All team members have an obligation to familiarise themselves with this Statement to help in the identification and prevention of modern slavery and adherence to this policy forms part of all employees’ obligations under their contract of employment.
a. Practical steps – we intend to implement the following measures:
- Risk assessments to determine which parts of our business and which of our suppliers are most at risk of modern slavery;
- Engage with our suppliers to ensure modern slavery is not occurring in their businesses;
- Introduce contractual provisions for our suppliers to confirm their adherence to this policy and accept our right to audit their activities.
- From financial year 2017 we will include in the directors’ report accompanying our annual financial statements a reference to the Act and this Statement.
3. Awareness of this Statement and additional steps
We are currently reviewing our procurement process and from September 2017 a link to this statement will be included in all Portland PR Limited contracts. We will also be introducing specific measures encouraging openness and support to anyone who raises genuine concerns relating to slavery and human trafficking to ensure that our obligations under the Act are met and passed throughout our business. Training will also be made compulsory for those involved in recruiting so they are able to identify risk factors and understand the implications to ensure we maintain compliance with the Act.