Applications for this year’s Graduate Programme are now closed! Our recruitment team will be in touch with candidates who have already applied.
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, Portland’s Graduate Programme could be the right fit for you.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a seven months programme consisting of rotation across the agency within our main teams. You will be assigned to real project work from day one and will be a key part of the teams. Towards the end of the programme you will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd unit choices to join permanently after the scheme.
With Portland’s areas of expertise you will gain experience across all our capabilities during the seven month rotation, which include:
- Undergraduate degree – 1 or 2:1 (predicted or attained)
- Preferred degree courses – We now accept any degree!
- Internship or work experience in relevant field is preferred but not required
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial but not required
- You must have right to work in the UK
- Apply with your CV and covering letter here
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a 750 word critical paper
- Final round candidates will be invited to attend a two day assessment in our London office
What we offer
- Industry-leading programme with over 20 hours of formal training from a practitioner faculty headed by Alastair Campbell and Katie Saxon
- The opportunity to work with leading clients that include Nestle, McDonald’s and Network Rail
- £20,000 pro rata salary for the duration of the seven month programme
- £500 sign on bonus at the start of the programme
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus (salary at that stage will be £24,500 basic salary)
- Up to £50 reimbursement towards traveling cost for shortlisted candidates for the assessment days
- International offices in Washington D.C., Doha, Nairobi and Singapore
- For further queries, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7554 1600