We are delighted that Louise Fish, currently Director of Communications at the NHS Confederation, will join Portland in March to lead our new Portland Health practice.
Portland Health brings together specialist political, media and digital expertise, to support businesses in the health and social care sectors as they adapt to the challenges and opportunities of healthcare reform and regulation.
The practice will focus on:
- Strategic communications advice to organisations across the health and social care sectors
- Policy and public affairs advice to clients looking to navigate the changing healthcare landscape post Health & Social Care Act implementation
- Political intelligence and local government engagement advice to organisations who need to engage with Local Authorities and Health & Well-being Boards
- Market access support including NICE approvals
- Regulatory Affairs support for health organisations engaging with the competition authorities or healthcare regulators, as well stakeholder engagement and communications support for regulators themselves
Before joining the NHS Confederation, Fish was Director of Communications at NICE, where she drove the organisation’s response to industry concern and legal action over the restriction of access to medicines. She communicated complex clinical and health economic information about high profile topics ranging from funding fertility treatment to tackling obesity to politicians, journalists, health and care professionals, patients and the public.
Commenting on the move, Managing Director Tim Allan said:
“NHS reform, particularly the changes to commissioning and the localisation of public health, is transforming the healthcare sector beyond recognition. Meanwhile, the issues surrounding public health have never been more in the public eye, with consumer and patient groups demanding more action from business. While Portland has long advised clients on health related issues, the creation of Portland Health will enable us to provide the specialist advice that companies adapting to such dramatic change need. One of the most seasoned health communicators in the business, Louise is ideally place to drive forward this new team.”
Louise Fish added:
“I am delighted to be joining Portland at such an exciting time. No other agency in London has the mix of clients and consultants that Portland has been able to bring together over the last few years and I look forward to growing the health business as part of that team.”
To find out more about what Portland Health could do for you, please contact Oliver Pauley, Partner (Public Affairs) at email@example.com or on 0207 822 1720.